Website search engine optimization (SEO)
When you publish a website online, you will get the best results if your webmaster knows how to make search engines work for you.
What search engines look for:
- Based on how well the code of your website is written search engine robots ("crawlies") determine how fast your website pages load and how well your site responds to the screen sizes of all the various mobile devices.
- Keyword research can help make your content more accessible. Make sure your important keywords are available in the meta tags of the HTML code.
- Ensure that your .XML file is introduced to each of the available search engines.
- Ensure that your Illustrations, videos, and photographs have alternative descriptions (computers can not see the content of media).
- Search engines categorize and rate the number and types of links to your site and also within your site. Some are given more weight than others.
- Search engines measure a website’s “bounce rate,” which is the average number of times visitors land on your site and leave immediately, and also the “average length of time” visitors stay on the pages of your site.
- The content on your website is very important. Search engines and website evaluators determine the quality of your website content using quality content guidelines. For example, Google, uses: “Expert, Authority and Trustworthy” (Google PDF=search quality guidelines.) as the most important requirement of quality content.( A good article about E.A.T.)
- Your domain name is also relevant. In addition to the importance of naming your website relevant to your product or service, the longer you have had your domain name registered, the better for your SEO. So pick a good domain name and keep it.
SBH Web Design LLC ----- 2018